Almond Flour Banana Bread
Have you noticed?
More and more of all moms across America and going "gluten free?'
With the epidemic of food allergies at our schools and in our homes, gluten is often the first thing to get kicked to the curb when it comes to diet changes.
But this can often be hard when you don't have a lot of good alternatives to make. You don't want things that taste like cardboard or are made out of so much corn and rice, that now grains become your next problem.
Enter Almond Flour. I've got a great recipe for you to put into your rotation of "breakfast breads."
This is so easy to make and really good. I get asked for this recipe all the time so I decided to post it for you.
Easy Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted & slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (no other flour recommended)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper or rub with coconut oil. Make sure it's not too deep or your bread will be mushy in the middle.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl or standing mixer. I mix bananas first.
- Once mixed well, add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well.
- Fold in whatever add in's you desire. Chocolate chips, Blueberries work well too.
But no frozen. They will be too wet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (my oven is 45 minutes b/c I like it well baked)
- Let cool a bit before cutting.